Solon P. Pissis, Ph.D
Life Sciences and Health research group
Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI)
Phone: +31 20 592 4263
I read Computer Science at the Department of Informatics and Telecommunications of the University of Athens (2003-2007)
before completing my M.Sc in High-Performance Computing at the University of Edinburgh (2007-2008). I obtained my Ph.D in Computer Science from King's
College London (2008-2012). I also hold a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education from King's College London (2015-2016).
I was a Research Associate in the Florida Museum of Natural History at the University of Florida and a Visiting
Scientist in the Scientific Computing group at the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies (2012-2013).
I was appointed Lecturer (2013) and then Senior Lecturer (2018) in Computer Science in the Department of Informatics at King's College London.
In 2019 I joined the Life Sciences and Health research group at CWI.
My area of research within computer science is algorithms and data structures. Research topics I am interested in include algorithms and data structures on sequences and trees for pattern
matching, indexing, comparison, and finding regularities. Applications thereof I am interested in include bioinformatics, data mining, data compression, and information retrieval.
- I am PC co-chair (with Nadia Pisanti)
of CPM 2019 to be held in wonderful Pisa.
I am also on the PC of SPIRE 2019,
and BIOKDD 2019.
- I was on the PC of WABI 2018, WALCOM 2018, IWOCA 2018, BIOKDD 2018, SEA 2017 (co-chair), IWOCA 2017, SPIRE 2017, CPM 2016, IWOCA 2016, SPIRE 2015, IWOCA 2015,
BIOKDD 2014, IWOCA 2014, BIOKDD 2013, IWOCA 2013, and BIOKDD 2012.
Latest Research Outputs
A fairly complete list is at DBLP. The complete list can be found in my CV [pdf].
- Giulia Bernardini, Pawel Gawrychowski, Nadia Pisanti, Solon P. Pissis, Giovanna Rosone: Even Faster Elastic-Degenerate String Matching via Fast Matrix Multiplication. ICALP 2019 [arxiv]
- Lorraine A.K. Ayad, Golnaz Badkobeh, Gabriele Fici, Alice Héliou, Solon P. Pissis: Constructing Antidictionaries in Output-Sensitive Space. DCC 2019 [arxiv]
- Arnab Ganguly, Wing-Kai Hon, Yu-An Huang, Solon P. Pissis, Rahul Shah, Sharma V. Thankachan: Parameterized Text Indexing with One Wildcard. DCC 2019 [doi]
- Panagiotis Charalampopoulos, Costas S. Iliopoulos, Solon P. Pissis, Jakub Radoszewski: On-line weighted pattern matching. Information and Computation (2019) [doi]
- Panagiotis Charalampopoulos, Maxime Crochemore, Costas S. Iliopoulos, Tomasz Kociumaka, Solon P. Pissis, Jakub Radoszewski, Wojciech Rytter, Tomasz Walen:
Efficient enumeration of non-equivalent squares in partial words with few holes. J. Comb. Optim. (2019) [doi]
Solon P. Pissis CWI Disclaimer
Last modification: Mar 2019