Stochastics Meeting Lunteren 2018
The 47th annual meeting of the Dutch probability and statistics community.
- November 12-14, 2018
- Conference Centre De Werelt
Westhofflaan 2, 6741 KH Lunteren
Tel: +31 (0)318-484641
W.Th.F. den Hollander (Leiden)
M.N.M. van Lieshout (CWI/Twente)
A.W. van der Vaart (Leiden)
Stochastics - Theoretical
and Applied Research (STAR) cluster
Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research through its Section Mathematical Statistics (VVS+OR)
- Next year's date
- November 11-13, 2019
- M.N.M. van Lieshout
- Marie-Colette DOT van DOT Lieshout AT cwi DOT nl
- +31 (0)20-5924008
Six invited speakers give two lectures of one hour each on topics in statistics or probability. The lectures are open to anyone who is interested. Registration starts Monday at 10.30; the programme ends Wednesday after lunch.
|10:30-11:15||Coffee & registration|
- Nils Berglund (Orleans)
- Trace process and metastability.
- Metastable dynamics of stochastic PDEs.
- Jianqing Fan (Princeton)
- Factor adjustments for high-dimensional learning and inference. Part I.
- Factor adjustments for high-dimensional learning and inference. Part II.
- Mark Girolami (London)
- Probabilistic numerical computation: A role for statisticians in numerical analysis? Part I.
- Probabilistic numerical computation: A role for statisticians in numerical analysis? Part II.
- Sabine Jansen (Munich)
- Singularity analysis for heavy-tailed variables.
- Cluster expansions for Gibbs point processes.
- Richard Nickl (Cambridge)
- Some statistical theory for PDE constrained regression problems I: Multidimensional diffusions.
- Some statistical theory for PDE constrained regression problems II: Non-linear elliptic problems.
- Zhan Shi (Paris)
- The Derrida-Retaux conjecture for recursive models. Part I.
- The Derrida-Retaux conjecture for recursive models. Part II.
A poster session is held on Monday evening. If you would like to present a poster, please send us a title by completing the appropriate section on the registration form. Poster boards and attachment materials are provided by the organisation. Posting your poster is your own responsibility. Please be present for discussion with the public during the poster session. We strongly recommend the A0 or A1 format.
- Gianluca Finocchio (Leiden)
- Gaussian models with partial information:
Bayesian posterior chases after inconsistent MLE.
- Bart van Ginkel (Delft)
- The hydrodynamic limit of the Symmetric Exclusion Process on compact Riemannian
- Amine Hadji (Leiden)
- Uncertainty quantification using a squared-exponential Gaussian process.
- Federico Sau (Delft)
- Exclusion process in symmetric dynamic environment: Quenched hydrodynamics.
Participation fee and lodging
A limited number of people may stay at the conference centre
|Full stay (registration fee, accomodation and all meals from Monday before lunch to Wednesday after lunch).||370|
|Two day arrangement (registration fee, one overnight stay and all meals during two days)||280 (Monday and Tuesday) or 220 (Tuesday and Wednesday).|
|Participation in the scientific programme without an overnight stay||110 (Monday or Tuesday) or 90 (Wednesday).|
EVERYONE who wishes to participate in the meeting, including those who will not stay overnight nor take meals, is requested to register and pay.
Registrations from October 1 are subject to higher fees. If a reservation is cancelled before October 1, then the participation fee will be refunded. Cancellations are not possible after October 1st. In the case of a cancellation contact the responsible organiser.
Registration is closed.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Full details can be found in our privacy statement.
De Werelt is easily reached by train. The train station is Lunteren. See the train schedule or the public transport schedule.
From the train station it is a 15-20 minute walk to De Werelt. See the path on Open Street Maps or Google maps or look at the map below.
Directions for travel by car can be found on the web site of De Werelt.
The forests surrounding De Werelt show all colours in fall and offer nice hiking opportunities during the afternoon. Bring solid shoes with you, though, and watch out for the weather on the rain radar.