Stochastics Meeting Lunteren 2019
The 48th annual meeting of the Dutch probability and statistics community.
- November 11-13, 2019
- Conference Centre De Werelt
Westhofflaan 2, 6741 KH Lunteren
Tel: +31 (0)318-484641
W.Th.F. den Hollander (Leiden)
M.N.M. van Lieshout (CWI/Twente)
A.W. van der Vaart (Leiden)
Stochastics - Theoretical
and Applied Research (STAR) cluster
Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research through its Section Mathematical Statistics (VVS+OR)
- Next year's date
- November 9-11, 2020
- M.N.M. van Lieshout
- Marie-Colette DOT van DOT Lieshout AT cwi DOT nl
- +31 (0)20-5924008
Six invited speakers give two lectures of one hour each on topics in statistics or probability. The lectures are open to anyone who is interested. Registration starts Monday at 10.30; the programme ends Wednesday after lunch.
|10:30-11:15||Coffee & registration|
Dai Pra (Verona)
- Rhythms in complex stochastic dynamics. Part I.
- Rhythms in complex stochastic dynamics. Part II.
- Inferring visual processing in the brain.
- Inferring network structure from oscillating systems with cointegrated phase processes.
- Stationary Gaussian fields: beyond isotropy.
- Excursion sets of stationary Gaussian fields.
- Nonparametric disclosure risk assessment.
- Bayesian nonparametric disclosure risk assessment.
- Alpha-stable processes through the Lamperti-Kiu transform. Part I.
- Alpha-stable processes through the Lamperti-Kiu transform. Part II.
- Statistical optimal transport I: Regularization.
- Statistical optimal transport II: Barycenters.
- Alexis Derumigny (Twente)
- On machine learning methods for the estimation of conditional Kendall's tau.
- Simone Floreani (Delft)
- Hydrodynamics for the inhomogeneous generalized exclusion process.
- Stefan Franssen (Leiden)
- A Bernstein-Von Mises theorem for the Pitman-Yor process of nonnegative type.
- Sebastiano Grazzi (Delft)
- A piecewise deterministic Monte Carlo method for diffusion bridges.
- Amine Hadji (Leiden)
- Distributed methods for Bayesian regression - Contraction rate and uncertainty quantification.
- Joost Jorritsma (Eindhoven)
- Weighted distances in preferential attachment models.
- Francesco Ungolo (Eindhoven)
- A latent factor-cause association model for competing risks.
- Martina Vittorietti (Delft)
- General framework for testing Poisson-Voronoi assumption for real microstructures.
A poster session is held on Monday evening. If you would like to present a poster, please send us a title by completing the appropriate section on the registration form. Poster boards and attachment materials are provided by the organisation. Posting your poster is your own responsibility. Please be present for discussion with the public during the poster session. We strongly recommend the A0 or A1 format.
Participation fee and lodging
Registration is no longer possible.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Full details can be found in our privacy statement.
Directions for travel by car can be found on the web site of De Werelt.
The forests surrounding De Werelt show all colours in fall and offer nice hiking opportunities during the afternoon. Bring solid shoes with you, though, and watch out for the weather on the rain radar.