Office: Room M234
Phone: +31 20 592 4210
Email: dadush AT cwi DOT nl
I am currently a tenure track researcher at CWI
in the Networks & Optimization group. Previously, I was a
Simons Postdoctoral Fellow for 2 years at the
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at
New York University. I completed my PhD in 2012
within the ACO (Algorithms,
Combinatorics, and Optimization) program at Georgia Tech under Santosh Vempala (Professor of
- I was awarded an ERC Starting grant for the project "Towards a Quantitative
Theory of Integer Programming" (see link
for the press release). The project will start in January 2019 and run for 5
years. I am now looking for 2 talented PhD students and one Postdoc. Please see the
official openings here (application deadline is December 15th): Phd
Positions and Postdoc
Students and Interns:
- Huck Bennett
(joint with Chee Yap). Graduated August 2017. Currently Postdoc @ Northwestern University.
- Sophie Huiberts. Graduated December 2017.
- Spring 2018: Introduction to Lattice Algorithms and Cryptography.
Co-Instructor: Leo Ducas. Mastermath
announcement. Course webpage: link.
- Spring 2017: Advanced Topics in Semidefinite Programming. Co-Instructor:
Nikhil Bansal. Mastermath
announcement. Course webpage: link.
- Spring 2016: Algorithms Beyond the Worst-Case. Co-Instructor: Bodo
Announcement. Course webpage: link.
- Spring 2013: Lattices, Convexity and Algorithms. Co-Instructor: Oded
Regev. New York University (graduate: CSCI-GA 3033-013).
N&O Optimization Seminar:
I am the organizer for the Networks & Optimization Seminar at CWI.
Please visit the seminar website for the
Feel free to drop me a line if you would like to give a talk.
Here's my curriculum vitae (CV).
- Lattice Algorithms and the Geometry of Numbers
- Linear Programming and the Simplex Method
- Extended Formulations
- Algorithms for Integer Programming, Cutting Plane Methods
- Convex Optimization
- Asymptotic Convex Geometry
(properties of convex bodies as dimension tends to infinity)
- NWO Veni Grant: New Frontiers in Lattice Algorithms and Design, 2015 - 2018.
- A.W. Tucker Prize for Best Thesis in Mathematical Optimization, 2015.
- Informs Optimization Society Student Paper Prize, 2011.
- Informs JFIG Paper Competition, Finalist, 2010 & 2011.
- On Approximating the Covering Radius and
Finding Dense Lattice Subspaces (slides) D. Dadush. Manuscript, 2018.
Conference & Journal Publications:
- AWGN-Goodness is Enough: Capacity-Achieving Lattice Codes based on Dithered Probabilistic Shaping
A. Campello, D. Dadush, C. Long. To appear in the IEEE Transactions on
Information Theory, 2018.
- Balancing Vectors in Any Norm.
D. Dadush, S. Nikolov, K. Talwar, N. Tomczak-Jaegermann. FOCS 2018.
- A Friendly Smoothed Analysis of the
D. Dadush, S. Huiberts. STOC 2018 (invited to SICOMP special edition).
- The Gram-Schmidt Walk: A Cure for
the Banaszczyk Blues
N. Bansal, D. Dadush, S. Garg, S. Lovett. STOC 2018 (invited to TOC).
- Lattice based Locality Sensitive Hashing
is Optimal (extended abstract)
C. Chandrasekaran, D. Dadush, E. Grigorescu, V. Gandikota. ITCS 2018.
- Geometric Rescaling Algorithms
for Submodular Function Minimization
D. Dadush, L. Végh, G. Zambelli. SODA 2018.
- Fast, Deterministic and Sparse
D. Dadush, C. Guzman, N. Olver. SODA 2018.
- Rescaling Algorithms for Linear
D. Dadush, L. Végh, G. Zambelli. Preliminary version "Rescaled Coordinate
Descent Methods for Linear Programming" in IPCO 2016.
- Towards Strong Reverse Minkowski Type Inequalities for Lattices
D. Dadush, O. Regev. FOCS 2016.
- An Algorithm for the Komlós Conjecture Matching Banaszczyk's Bound
N. Bansal, D. Dadush, S. Garg. FOCS 2016.
- Towards a Constructive Version of Banaszczyk's Vector Balancing Theorem
D. Dadush, S. Garg, S. Lovett, A. Nikolov. RANDOM 2016.
- On the Lattice Distortion Problem
H. Bennett, D. Dadush, N. Stephens-Davidowitz. ESA 2016.
- Solving the Closest Vector Problem
in 2^n Time: The Discrete Gaussian Strikes Again! (slides)
D. Aggarwal, D. Dadush, N. Stephens-Davidowitz. FOCS 2015.
- Solving the Shortest Vector Problem
in 2^n Time via Discrete Gaussian Sampling (slides)
D. Aggarwal, D. Dadush, O.
Regev, N. Stephens-Davidowitz. STOC 2015.
- Faster Deterministic Volume Estimation in
the Oracle Model via Thin Lattice Coverings (slides)
D. Dadush. SOCG 2015.
- On the Shadow Simplex Method for Curved
D. Dadush, N. Hähnle. Discrete & Computational Geometry, 1-28, 2016.
Preliminary version in SOCG 2015.
- Short Paths on the Voronoi Graph and the Closest
Vector Problem with Preprocessing (slides)
N. Bonifas, D. Dadush. SODA 2015.
- On the Closest Vector Problem with
a Distance Guarantee
D. Dadush, O. Regev, N. Stephens-Davidowitz. CCC 2014.
- On the existence of 0/1 polytopes with
High Semidefinite Extension Complexity (slides)
J. Briet, D. Dadush, S.
Pokutta. Mathematical Programming, Series B, 153, 179-199, 2015.
Preliminary version in ESA 2013.
- On the Lattice Smoothing Parameter
K.M. Chung, D. Dadush, F.H. Liu, C. Peikert. CCC 2013.
- Lattice Sparsification and the
Approximate Closest Vector Problem (slides)
D. Dadush, G. Kun. Theory of Computing, 12, 1-34, 2016. Preliminary version in SODA 2013.
- Algorithms for the Densest Sublattice Problem
D. Dadush, D. Micciancio. SODA 2013
- Near-Optimal Deterministic Algorithms
for Volume Computation via M-Ellipsoids (slides)
D. Dadush, S. Vempala.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 110, 19237-19245, 2013.
- Unconditional Differentially Private
Mechanisms for Linear Queries
A. Bhaskara, D. Dadush, R. Krishnaswamy, K. Talwar. STOC 2012.
- A Randomized Sieving Algorithm for Approximate Integer Programming
D. Dadush. Algorithmica, 70, 208-244, 2014.
Preliminary version in LATIN 2012.
- Deterministic Construction of an Approximate M-Ellipsoid and its
Applications to Derandomizing Lattice Algorithms
D. Dadush, S. Vempala. SODA 2012.
- On the Chvátal-Gomory Closure of a
Compact Convex Set (slides)
D. Dadush, S.S. Dey, J.P. Vielma. Mathematical Programming, Series B, 145, 1, 327-348, 2014.
Preliminary version in IPCO 2011.
Optimization Society Student Paper Prize, 2011.
- The Split Closure of a Strictly Convex Body
D. Dadush, S.S. Dey, J.P. Vielma. Operations Research Letters, vol. 39, p. 121-126, 2011.
- The Chvátal-Gomory Closure of a Strictly Convex Body
D. Dadush, S.S. Dey, J.P. Vielma. Mathematics of Operations Research, vol. 36, p. 227-239, 2011.
INFORMS JFIG Paper Competition Finalist.
- Enumerative Lattice Algorithms in Any
Norm via M-Ellipsoid Coverings (slides)
D. Dadush, C. Peikert, S. Vempala. FOCS 2011.
- Thin Partitions: Isoperimetric Inequalities and a Sampling Algorithm for Star Shaped Bodies
D. Dadush, C. Chandresekaran, S. Vempala. SODA 2010.